[Texmacs-dev] Bad page breaks with folded sections.

From: Karl Hegbloom
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Bad page breaks with folded sections.
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:33:15 -0800

The attached TeXmacs document and postscript output is a midterm
corrections handin I just finished preparing.  (We get points back if we
correct errors in our midterm; I don't know for sure if these are all
correct... I have not handed it back in yet.)

I've set it up with nested folded sections in such a way that you can
select Insert --> Fold --> Fold --> All, then Insert --> Fold --> Unfold
--> Vspace to have it be the exam hand-out.  You can then do Insert -->
Fold --> Unfold --> All, then Insert --> Fold --> Fold --> Vspace to
turn it into the exam key.

The problem shows up when you unfold all, then fold the vspace, to make
it be the exam key.  Notice how on the first page there is a huge amount
of unwanted whitespace.  The page break is happening where it should not.

Hope this helps. ;-)