Re: [Texmacs-dev] Drawing mode feature request: Annotation of .eps graph

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Drawing mode feature request: Annotation of .eps graphics.
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:37:13 +0100

It will require creating a large { and then rotating it to the right
angle,

This is definitely what we cannot do, due to the lack
of rotations in the current implementation of TeXmacs
fonts. Basically, we need to rotate the font at a low
level (namely, rotating images), and that is not fun...

So currently, what could be done is either to turn the
text into an image, and then rotate and move the bitmap,
or either, drawing the large { (this one being the easiest
one, I think).

As soon as we have it, writing a macro that draws the
line, the large {, and the dimension is quite feasible,
such a macro is just a macro that computes the respective
position of the elements and builds its output using
this : thus we are back in the domain of classical
things.