Re: [Texmacs-dev] Enerving confirmation for overwriting existing files

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Enerving confirmation for overwriting existing files
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:31:49 +0200

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 07:15:38PM +0200, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> I'm using TeXmacs to produce LaTeX files which I then postprocess and
> translate in LaTeX. This means that I have to export a file rather often
> to compile the LaTeX and check whether the output is correct.
>
> It has always enerved me to have to confirm the overwriting by typing
> "yes" each time. Especially, since the status line does not exactly hit
> the eye too hard, so I often forget to reconfirm the exporting.

You may select

        Edit -> Preferences -> Interactive questions -> In popup windows

> Now, since 1.0.5.9, I suddenly see 'no' as a default answer! This means,
> I have first to delete two characters before I can type three characters
> to confirm something that I often do ten times in five minutes!!!

Just hit the arrow-up key and press return. TeXmacs supports multiple
default answers and remembers old answers up to a certain extent.
If you are willing to hack the source code, you may even try to
change the default answer for the exportation of files to yes
(but not for file saving, of course).

> The perfect solution would be, if TeXmacs would remember that it has
> itself written that file, and that it did not change since.

If you want to hack the source code; or put a wish at Savannah.
I have no time for this request now.

Yours, Joris