[Texmacs-dev] Accesibility bug?

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Accesibility bug?
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:08:10 +0200 (CEST)

The following document shows a situation where one cannot continue typing in a
formula but are sent out to text mode.

<TeXmacs|1.0.5.7>

<\body>
  Getting out of the subindex when the formula is hyphenated gets you out of
  the formula, eg <with|mode|math|<big|sum><big|.>t<rsub|\<mu\>>>

  But the subindex must be the last thing of the line, which is normally the
  case when writing for the first time the formula. If you add a character in
  text after the <with|mode|math|\<mu\>>, the bug is no longer present.
  Grouping (<verbatim|M-R>) the formula, which prevents hyphenation, also
  solves the problem.

  Try the same example here <with|mode|math|<big|sum>t<rsub|\<mu\>><big|.>>.
  It gets out correctly, even if the <with|mode|math|\<mu\>> is the last
  character.

  Now that I have your attention, a question: I have remarked that
  <hlink|long descriptive text in links, or urls|here irrelevant> don't
  hyphenate. Why is this so? This could be handled the same way the user is
  left the decision whether to group (<verbatim|M-R>) an inline formula to
  prevent hyphenation.

  \;

  \;

<\initial>