[Texmacs-dev] towards Literate Programming plugin

From: Felix Breuer
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] towards Literate Programming plugin
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:47:18 +0000

Hello Joris, hello *,

I have started to turn my little literate programming into a TeXmacs
plugin. Here are some issues I came across:

1) Indententation/formatting in .tmml files

  Is there some way I can prevent TeXmacs from reformatting/indenting
  of some node's contents in the .tmml output. Sometimes contents are
  reformatted, sometimes they are not and xml:space="preserve" is added
  and sometimes things change even though xml:space="preserve" is set!

  E.g.

  <tm-par xml:space="preserve">  DESCRIPTION : Generate MyCode XML from
TMML</tm-par>

  <tm-par xml:space="preserve">  <lp-include>license in
  source</lp-include></tm-par>

  <tm-par>
    --&gtr;
  </tm-par>

2) Convert and run LP from Scheme

  I want to define a Guile function that

    i) exports the current document as .tmml, and writes it to
       a location determined by my script, and then

    ii) runs a system command, more concretely

      <path to lp plugin>/bin/lp-gen <some path>

    iii) and finally displays a message in the status line.

  How can I achieve this?

That's it for now, further questions upcoming...

Regards,
Felix