Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bibliography

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bibliography
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:51:12 +0100

Bas,

See also jabref, it's quite well developed and supports as well the lyx-piping mechanism. It has a templating mechanism which would be eventually able to output references formatted in a scheme-like fashion.

* select a reference in pybliographic. Choose cite from the menu. Then choose "paste as texmacs" in texmacs.

This is quite usable.

Possible improvements:
* Make texmacs watch the lyx-pipe at all times. (I did not see how to do this using guile extensions).
* Create a complete interface to pybliographer in texmacs.

* tab completion for citation.

Please let me know whether there are better solutions. If not, I could write some documentation on this if anyone thinks this is useful.

Yes, definitely documentation is needed. I can also make a little contribution to users of bibliographies in TeXmacs, which I describe next.

"I" designed a macro that makes citations 'active', in that clicking in them leads you to the pdf version of the paper. (actually it was my idea but it's Henri Lesourd's fault that it got finally implemented)

I want to polish it a little bit more before posting it. In particular, since adding a bibliography leads to a worsening of TeXmacs performance, I am seeking for a way to have \supercite evaluate to \clickmecite if there is no bibliography present, and to a normal but also clickable \cite if the user has already inserted a bibliography.

My idea is to insert the bibliography only when finishing the document, so as to prevent a slow-down of the editor.

How to check if a concrete environment is present in a document tree?

Bas

'Alvaro.