RE: Running Axiom in Texmacs for Windows (was: [Texmacs-dev] Plug ins)

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: Running Axiom in Texmacs for Windows (was: [Texmacs-dev] Plug ins)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:08:06 -0500

Tim,

On Friday, December 03, 2004 9:53 AM you wrote:

> Yes, we should move the texmacs support of axiom to become
> the axiom support of texmacs.

Hmmm... did Joris hear you say that?? :))

> I suggest you make a src/texmacs subdir and check the code
> into the windows branch. From there we can make it do
> line-breaking, move the code into pamphlet format, and
> update the src/Makefile.pamphlet to handle the new subdir
> and code compiles.

Ok, will do. Sometime this weekend.

> Once that is done we can look at merging the changes into
> the main branch.

Oh, you mean do it the right way? ;)

I don't know if you have been looking at the MathAction
web statistics yet, but I think the following facts are
quite interesting:

http://page.axiom-developer.org/usage/usage_200412.html#TOPURLS

According to this, the recently (< 48 hrs.) uploaded version of
Axiom for Windows (axiom-windows-0.1.0.zip) is quite popular!
There have been more than 29 downloads since in was uploaded
Wednesday night. These statistics are current as of 11:45 PM
yesterday. The "Total URLs By KBytes" table shows that the
total downloads is already approaching one terabyte.

The another thing that surprizes me is how popular the
bibliography section on the Axiom Portal is. Looking at the
same totals for last month (November) confirms this since
it is ranked in 6th place in terms of the number of hits.
In comparison to other high content pages, this was only
really exceed by MathAction - both getting about 450 hits
during the month.

I think we are really going to blow your bandwidth margins
this month! I hope more people will be getting into the
"spirit of giving" mood as this year draws to a close.
The number of hits on the donation links is still far too
small to even show up on in these web stats.

Cheers,
Bill Page.