[Texmacs-dev] Windows Update (plugins)

From: Dan Martens
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Windows Update (plugins)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:26:22 -0400

Hello all,

As it seems that many people are having trouble correctly setting up the pluginpaths.txt file, I have reposted a release. In this release the program will search for 2 different pluginpaths.txt files.  The first is in your C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\.TeXmacs\plugins directory.  The second is in the C:\Program Files\WinTeXmacs\TeXmacs\plugins directory. The second file is a global plugins file for all users, the second will be applied based only on the current username.
I think this should help as I believe a number of problems were due people placing the pluginpaths.txt file into the wrong directory as it is easier to find.  If anyone else has any suggestions on how we can make this easier for users (ie. maybe supply a default pluginpaths.txt file for popular systems) please let me know.

Dan Martens
Western I.T. Group Inc.
Voice: 519-936-8985
Fax: 519-936-8663