Re: [Texmacs-dev] TrueType fonts for PDF export as default?

From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TrueType fonts for PDF export as default?
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:55:45 +0200

Norbert Nemec wrote:
> My suggestion would be to spare other users of this odyssee and make
> True Type fonts the default for PDF export? Printing and exporting to
> PS should probably stick with the high-quality EC fonts, but PDF are
> very often used for display on screen, so they should - by default -
> be optimized for that purpose.

AFAIK all these fonts differ slightly from on another. So you always
have to typeset them properly, before exporting.

But one note to PDF. The newest Acrobat for M$ and Mac(?) supports the
normal TeX-fonts. I don't know the right word for these fonts. But it
works.

juh
--
http://literatur.hasecke.com