Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Logo TeXmacs

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Logo TeXmacs
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:10:00 +0200 (CEST)

Am 30.8.2004 schrieb "Felix Breuer" <address@hidden>:

 http://tm.fbreuer.de/tmlogos.html

Please tell me what you think!

I like the idea of just using "<|>". As of <TeX|macs>, I'm not convinced; please look at the "created with TeXmacs" button under

  http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/texmacs/artwork.html

There your have the word TeXmacs as well, surrounded with a cyan rectangle and a red cursor. Instead of stressing the underlying data structure, this concentrates on the wysiwyg side. I think this a valid suggestion for logo as well. With very little means it tells you much.

As for Johann's logo, the one gnu head is of very high and impressing quality. Unfortunately, it does not look clever but breathless. This is because crossing a gnu and Einstein seems to be a good idea at first, but turns out to be very difficult to realize.

Btw. that Einstein photo is/was used often in Germany for advertising purposes: You are only using 10% of you brain capacity, let us help you. So it has not the best conotations for me (don't know about others).

Andreas Seidl
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl