Re: [Texmacs-dev] WinTeXmacs breaks Cygwin TeXmacs

From: Dan Martens
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] WinTeXmacs breaks Cygwin TeXmacs
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:05:45 -0400

WinTeXmacs sets GUILE_LOAD_PATH and TEXMACS_PATH.

This is done through the autoexec.bat file. You must make sure that these
entries are removed.  Later versions of windows remove these entries and
place them into the registry. You can remove these from the environment
variable dialog under "My Computer->Properities->Advanced".
They are stored in the registry under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Session
Manager/Environment.

Please keep in mind that deleting these from the registry will not have any
effect until the system has been notified of a change.  This can be done
either by the environment variable dialog or with a reboot.

In the case of cygwin, you MUST close the program, change the variables and
reopen it to take the settings.  Make sure that the values have taken effect
by using the "set" command in DOS.

Dan