Re: [Texmacs-dev] Nonbreaking spaces (was: Publishing TeXmacs documents)

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Nonbreaking spaces (was: Publishing TeXmacs documents)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:42:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Daniel,

> > It is: just type M-/ after the space or any other thing you don't
> > want to be broken. I did notice some problems with the LaTeX
> > export though; I will have to take a look at that when I have time...
>
> The problem is that TeX expects the nobreak before the space, but
> TeXmacs expects it after the space. The following file demonstrates
> the problem.

Yes, the conventions are a bit different. This is does not really matter
as long as one stays in TeXmacs or LaTeX, but your example shows that
I will have to correct the converters in both ways; thanks for noticing
this to me.

Best wishes, Joris

P.S.: thanks also for pushing TeXmacs at Springer. They will again have
to think some time on it, but I think we made it until the next round.
I will keep you informed when I have further news.