[Texmacs-dev] Some interesting contributions that volunteers might make

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Some interesting contributions that volunteers might make
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:08:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi *,

There are two topics where developers could contribute with
little effort and a potentially big impact:

1) Developing an instant messenging plug-in for TeXmacs.
   This could evoluate into a collaborative authoring tool.
   This should be easy using the new concept of mutator tags.
   See Help -> Interfacing -> Mutator tags for details.

2) Port TeXmacs to a PDA with Linux. You will probably need
   >= 32Mb of RAM and a >= 100MHz processor. But I do think
   this to be a reasonable project. It no longer depends on
   TEX/LaTeX, since we may use FreeType for the fonts.

If there are any volunteers, then please let me know and
I can provide more details.

Best wishes, Joris