[Texmacs-dev] Scrolling speed

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Scrolling speed
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:22:44 +0200 (CEST)

I also noticed another strange phenomenon. If I flush my memory using
David's program, restart TeXmacs and load one of my articles,
then scrolling is completely fluid. However, if I work for a while,
start a browser, launch a few compilations, etc. and then restart
TeXmacs, the scrolling becomes much slower.

Any explanation for this phenomenon? Does malloc give me blocks which
do not behave well from the cache point of view? Should I allocate
larger consecutive blocks of memory? I currently allocate blocks of
64Kb for small objects. Should I use larger blocks instead?
Should I also use larger blocks for big mallocs?