Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reliable detection of pointers (C++)

From: skhilji
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reliable detection of pointers (C++)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:41:54 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 5:41 am
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Reliable detection of pointers (C++)

> I think that the main technical difficulty for the implementation of
> well-adapted garbage collectors in C++ is the reliable detection of
> all pointers in memory. I essentially see two ways for doing that

I see absolutely no reason whatsoever doing this. TeXmacs is going astray.  If
you really want a GC, then TeXmacs should have been implemented in Java---it
doesn't run any faster than a Java based program anyways.

TeXmacs sounds more and more like a research project to me now instead of
something that would evolve into something useful.

Salman