[Texmacs-dev] Understanding <datoms>

From: skhilji
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Understanding <datoms>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 09:47:12 -0400

1)  I defined my own macro called "myover" like this:

<assign|myover|<macro|x|<wide|<arg|x>|\<wide-bar\>>>>

I compared it to the overly complex macro in std-markup.ts named "overline".
The "overline" uses datoms, quasiquote etc.

The result is the same if I type:

<myover|This is a test.>
<overline|This is a test.>

Why do we need <datoms>?

2)  Looking at "toc-dots" macro from std-automatic.ts.  This one also uses
datoms.  The first argument of <datoms> is a macro.  The second argument is and
<htab|5mm>

Looking at the macro passed to <datoms>, this macro seems to take 1 argument,
namely "x".  Does <datoms> call this macro somehow?  If it does, what does it
pass as the argument?  The macro then passes "x" to the <repeat> primitive.
What does "x" mean in the context of the <repeat> primitive?  Is it the # of
times the box should be repeated?

please tell me more about:

<datoms>
<repeat>

This would help me understand the toc-dots macro