Re: Suggestion (was Re: [Texmacs-dev] Interactive feedback)

From: Nix
Subject: Re: Suggestion (was Re: [Texmacs-dev] Interactive feedback)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:35:15 -0700

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 05:42, Álvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> <postscript|filename?...|scale?...|crop?...|your-option-here?...>

Without reading the rest of this thread, an idea pops to mind which
supports this:

Microsoft Visual C++ (and other IDEs) has a similar way of dynamically
displaying relevant function definitions when the programmer writes a
call to one of them.

Suppose a header file says

void MyFunction (int *piList, int icList) ;

With this definition, during the course of editing a file that includes
this header, when the programmer makes a call to function "MyFunction",
a tooltip appears below the cursor displaying the function prototype and
highlighting in bold the parameter being filled out.

Here's an example:
ftp://go-nix.ca/incoming/anjuta-tooltips.gif

In our case, we might show one parameter at a time and hide the name of
the parameter once the user starts typing its value.  We could also do
it the ToolTip way (as seen in the above illustration).