Re: [Texmacs-dev] Explanation for patch #2590

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Explanation for patch #2590
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:57:28 +0100 (CET)

> To be perfectly honest, I don't see the point of that code at all.
> Regular paragraphs are represented in TeXmacs as simply a list.  IOW, we
> have
>
> (document "This is the first paragraph." "This is the second paragraph"
> ...)
>
> Why should there be any code that combines 2 paragraphs into one in
> /any/ way ?

Certain environments, like itemize, enumerate, etc. assume that
the next paragraph remains actually the same paragraph (sorry if
I express myself in a confusing way), as is indicated by the fact
that the first indentations is being suppressed. In the future,
there should be two types of block structures: "document" and
"para". The "document" tag has a list of paragraphs as
its children and the "para" tag a list of paragraph units
(separated by carriage returns, but without indentation).
At the moment, the "para" has not been implemented yet though,
some things have to be hacked.