Re: [Texmacs-dev] primitives reference, tag-info-table

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] primitives reference, tag-info-table
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 00:04:06 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, David Allouche wrote:
> I have just committed the documentation for DOCUMENT, CONCAT, ERROR, and
> RAW-DATA to the CVS. This changeset includes the definition of a new
> macro TAG-INFO-TABLE used to document DRD properties and intended usage
> of tags.
>
> I would like your opininion on the use of that construct. If that is
> okay, I will submit a patch to add it to tmdoc so the in-document
> definitions could be removed. Also, I would probably move the
> "how to read these tables" explanatory text in a a separate page, like
> "./devel/format/primitives/tag-info.en.tm".

That is fine with me. Notice however that the DRD properties cannot
be considered as being fully stable yet. More precisely, the existing
properties are stable, but I plan to add other properties in the future.
In the near future, we will need properties for determining whether
the tag or its children are block structures and maybe similarly for
table-like structures and graphical structures. Further properties
might be added later on when necessary.

Notice also that you should use the "markup" tag from the tmdoc style
for marking TeXmacs primitives (as well as markup defined in style files).
It might be a good idea to take a look at the reference guide for
the TeXmacs styles. If you have time, then you might also want to
write a patch for menus/icons/keyboard shortcuts for the Tmdoc style
(this will in particular make you more familiar with all these tags).