[Texmacs-dev] autoconf version

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] autoconf version
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:49:53 +0100

I am in the process of merging my devo branch with texmacs-1.0.3.2 (CVS)
and I noticed something very disturbing.

At some point between 1.0.3 and 1.0.3.2 the autoconf used in texmacs was
downgraded from 2.53 to 2.13. That is especially annoying to me since
that will break the build system improvements in my devo branch allowing
out-of-tree build.

Is there a reason for the downgrade?

Would it be possible to settle with one official version of autoconf to
use with TeXmacs in order to prevent needless merge conflicts?

Is there an issue, short of simple laziness, preventing the use of a
recent release of autoconf (say, 2.59)?

--
                                                            -- ddaa