Re: [Texmacs-dev] preview: cygwin packages available

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] preview: cygwin packages available
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:09:02 +0100 (CET)

> David, due to your mail I understand now what the point is, and I agree
> that eventually this might be worth considering. However, unless my
> package is accepted and therefore the process of generation is foreseeable
> stable, and unless there are developers, which use windows and have a
> strong interest in it beyond "wow, this is cool concept, let's have it",
> I'm not going to waste any time and thoughts on it.

OK, so let us concentrate first on getting this stuff really working well.
Next, we should submit it to cygwin. If it gets accepted, then we will
rediscuss the maintainance issue.

In the meantime, it might be good to adapt cygwin.en.tm and write a small
(easily understandable) help page on how to install the binary Cygwin version.
We might put that on our website, make some publicity on the users mailing list
and ask users to help pushing your package as an official cygwin package.