[Texmacs-dev] Stable release schedule?

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Stable release schedule?
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:29:35 +0100

I would like to know the planned schedule for the next stable release,
and whether it could be made more flexible to get more fixes.

Currently, I am reviewing the existing user documentation and making
some fixes in places where the documentation was obviously outdated or
ill considered. Many FAQ could be traced down to misplaced or absent
information.

In that process I have been making a few minor improvements for my own
convenience and I have been systematically fixing some bugs which have
been reported for years and never fixed and other problems which caused
the software not to match the documentation.

Currently my branch (based on 1.0.2.9) has some not yet published fixes:

patch-11
    edit: make the hybrid return key extensible
patch-17
    C-" text shortcut for ASCII double straight quote
patch-18
    change C-" to the more standard S-F5-"
patch-19
    fix in-hungarian? mode predicate
patch-20
    footer message for complete hybrid commands
patch-23
    keyboard wildcard backtracking
patch-24
    multi-esc for hyper
patch-25
    variant simplification with unused modifiers
patch-26
    set multiple cell formats of a selection at once

The fixes to the keyboard wildcarding and variants system are especially
important, but they are also non-trivial and could use an extra public
release for testing.

I am planning some other fixes (e.g. menu item naming problems I have
noticed recently). Clearly, all of those fixes should get into the next
stable release. I think it would be a good thing to wait until I have
finished the current review before releasing 1.0.3.

Since Savannah is currently down, I am holding those patches back, but I
can post them on the mailing list.

--
                                                            -- ddaa