Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bug in tm 1.0.2

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bug in tm 1.0.2
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:29:32 +0100

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 05:46:31PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > This can be fixed simply by adding
> >
> >   buf->need_save= buf->need_autosave= true;
> >
> > at line 390 of edit_typeset.cc
> >

> > What I wonder is _why_ this is not already done since most nearby
> > functions do handle the the dirty flags...

> The point is the confusion between documents and views here.
> Sometimes, a change in the initial environment should rather
> be interpreted as a change in the view (no change in the document)
> and sometimes not. What we really need is a clean extra level for views,
> but that is quite tricky. I plan to study this carefully when
> elaborating the new document editing model.

Is there any reason not to mark a document dirty after a change in the
initial environment?

When a document is saved, it uses the settings of the current view. So
marking the document dirty after an initial environment change is not
going to cause other unexpected behaviour in the more common single-view
case, and little change in the multiple view case. The multiple view
case feature already introduces subtle tricks like that anyway.

--
                                                            -- ddaa