Re: [Texmacs-dev] Including documents Request for feature

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Including documents Request for feature
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:19:21 +0100

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 06:11:17PM +0100, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe I am missing something, so please correct me.
>
> I think the current way of including documents is too time consuming,
> when you do not use the standard layout. You have to tweak each
> document and set pagedimensions, margins, etc.
>
> Is it possible to have a cascading feature, so that all included
> documents get the styles of the master?

Why not just put the common settings in a .ts file you use in each
document?

Admittedly there is no easy way to do it, you have to check the Scheme
source to figure out the name of the variables you want to set, but that
is not all that difficult (page width is "page-width", and so on).  The
only slightly tricky part is setting the margins but it have already
been documented... somewhere on the wiki or the mailing list archives.

Or maybe you cannot effectively set some variables from style files. I
remember having some problems with that in the past. It may have been
fixed (or got worse) since then.

--
                                                            -- ddaa