Re: [Texmacs-dev] 1.0.2.8 issues under cygwin

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] 1.0.2.8 issues under cygwin
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:46:30 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Andreas Seidl wrote:
> > Can you try to localize this bug a bit more precisely
> > (texmacs --debug-all and gdb)?
>
> This is what texmacs --debug-all says with version 1.0.2.9 before it
> hangs up:
>
> $ texmacs --debug-all
[...]
> TeXmacs] Starting server...
> TeXmacs] Evaluating /usr/local/share/TeXmacs/progs/init-texmacs.scm...
> TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
>
> without TrueType support:
>
> $ texmacs --debug-all
[...]
> TeXmacs] Open pk  ecrm11.300pk try 0
> TeXmacs] Starting server...
> TeXmacs] Evaluating /usr/local/share/TeXmacs/progs/init-texmacs.scm...

I still don't see what is going in. It seems to be during the execution
of init-texmacs.scm though. It would be nice if you could:

  1) Compile after ./configure --enable-debug, run "gdb texmacs.bin",
     type "run" and "bt" after the fatal error (send us the backtrace).
     At least, this would teach us whether the error is in TeXmacs
     or in Guile.

  2) Check without optimization (./configure --disable-optimize) and
     with other versions of Guile (which Guile do you use?).

I am sorry for the inconvenience. If you can give me an account on
your machine, I can also try to track this bug myself...