[Texmacs-dev] plotting options for TeXmacs

From: Michael Graffam
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] plotting options for TeXmacs
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:58:15 -0500 (EST)

Someone, somewhere said:

> > Also, a question about plugins.  Gnuplot is nice and all, but I'm wanting a
> > better (more purty) 2D and 3D function plotter.  So I'm playing with xd3d (
> > at http://www.cmap.polytechnique.fr/~jouve/xd3d/ ).  What I'm needing is
> > after an image has been included to then go back and dump that included
> > postscript file as input for a program.  Can a plugin grab previous output?
> > And if so, any examples?

I'm not familiar with xd3d (but I will be). An Octave interface for
kmatplot exists, and it would be trivial to allow kmatplot output to be
included TeXmacs. kmatplot is quite "purty" and gives you the advantage of
upgrading Octave's graphics as well -- which you mentioned that you use.

Joris said:

> What we really need is an OpenGL plug-in. That would require some work,
> but it should not be too hard (one month?).

An OpenGL plug-in for TeXmacs? In what sense do you mean this?

It would be nice to be able to render OpenGL into a TeXmacs document
via Scheme. There are Mesa bindings for Guile, so this shouldn't be too
hard.