texmacs-dev

Re: wiki traffic (was Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs web site)

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: wiki traffic (was Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs web site)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:11:34 +0200

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 07:26:07PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> I propose that we discuss this issue as soon as our new web-site
> will be functional. It might also be nice to ask Stephane, David, etc.
> for their opinions, because they invested quite an amount of time
> in the wiki in the past.

I think the Wiki should be made private now, because it is just a big
outdated thing. And outdated information does more harm than good.

There are a lot of buglist/wishlist items I would like to see migrated
to Savannah, but since they are really old, they must be re-checked for
relevance, so this is quite a big job.

Also I have put there a couple of useful documentation pages, but
nothing I could not put in the documentation if I had a few days to
spare and something less anoying to use than CVS.

There is still room for a Wiki, but the current one should go away.

St├ęphane seems to be the only person still maintaining the wiki (that is
updating the version number on the front page from time to time).

--
                                                            -- ddaa