Re: [Texmacs-dev] search string is automagically translated

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] search string is automagically translated
Date: 03 Oct 2003 16:11:49 -0400

El vie, 03-10-2003 a las 06:27, Jan Ulrich Hasecke escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I discovered a strange behavior with searching
>
> When I search for "edit" the search string is translated into
> German. And the modeline tells me for example "Keine Fundstellen für
> bearbeiten".
>
> Is there any interference with the translation-file?

Yes. This is known. Once there was a discussion on using the .po
mechanism and this also popped out (search in the mailing list
archives).

The last news I have from that is that when the translation system is
made smarter these annoyances will disappear. However, perhaps one hack
can be made for paths, because this behaviour is very confusing to
novices: they save to directories that don't exist.

e.g. save to     /home/alv/documents
is in spanish   /inicio/alv/documentos

which obviously doesn't exist.

á.