Re: [Texmacs-dev] Arch mirror (was: EPS bounding box bug)

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Arch mirror (was: EPS bounding box bug)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:51:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, David Allouche wrote:
> There are unconfirmed rumors that at some point in the future Joris
> might try arch.

In fact, I have still been thinking about all this and discussing
these issues with people here in germany. I feel that something
we *really need* is a more abstract tool (probably in C++ and maybe
even in the core of TeXmacs) for computing structured diffs and
computations with structured patches. This tool should be used both
for filesystems (which can be seen as documents) and for usual documents,
and especially for our future undo/redo system (in fact it will
really be necessary).