Re: [Texmacs-dev] [patch] Update for new Axiom prompt

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [patch] Update for new Axiom prompt
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:42:45 +0200

Hello Joris,

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks a lot for the patch. Is there already a version of the free
> Axiom system available now which I can try (binary if possible)?

Yes if you have Debian unstable:
   http://packages.debian.org/unstable/math/axiom.html

At one time, there was an issue related to an undefined AXIOM
environment variable. I don't know if Camm has fixed his axiom debian
package.

Otherwise, you need to get sources from CVS and compile manually. It
takes a long time (12 hours on my old celeron 500). Let me know if you
want to do this and you have issues.

> Yes I know, but this is not a priority for us now...

Ok, thanks.

> You may soon add an entry with explanation yourself :^) I am redesigning
> the web site at the moment and will soon put the stuff on texmacs-doc.

Nice. :)

BTW, I noticed that when I type the following Axiom input:

  integrate(x**(1/3),x)

Axiom outputs:

NORMAL  41: {3 \  x \  {\root {3} \of {x}}} \over 4
NORMAL  10: \leqno(3)

Which is printed in TeXmacs as:

<\with|mode|math>
  <with|formula
style|true|<frac|3x<apply|root|3><apply|of|x>|4><apply|leqno>(3)>
</with>

It is known that TeX syntax output by Axiom is quite old. How should we
fix this issue? In Axiom, in TeXmacs, in the intermediate parser
tm_axiom?

Yours,
d.
--