Re: [Texmacs-dev] New versioning scheme for stable versions

From: Ralf Treinen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] New versioning scheme for stable versions
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:04:52 +0200

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 10:31:36PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> From now on, I may correct severe bugs in stable versions

Thanks!

> I highly recommend major distributions like Debian, Mandrake, etc.
> to stick to the stable versions for all non-unstable versions.
> I also hope to slightly increase the frequency of new major
> stable versions (1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.1, etc.) to twice/thrice a year.

In the past I usually have upgraded to newer (and probably more
unstable) versions only to get in bug fixes. If you are going
to backport bug fixes to the latest stable version I will be
glad to have only stable versions in debian.

Though I might upload unstable versions of texmacs into the
"experimental" debian distribution.

-Ralf.