Re: [Texmacs-dev] [OT] Revision control system

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [OT] Revision control system
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:01:29 +0200

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 12:27:40AM +0200, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> >From sweetcode.org, darcs: a revision control system with an underlying
> theory on patches which is based upon some quantum mechanics operational
> algebra (appendix A of the documentation).
>
> http://abridgegame.org/darcs/

My personal favorite (which I use in my everyday work and I hope will
become the standard for TeXmacs one day) is Tom Lord's Arch Revision
Control System.

http://regexps.srparish.net/www/

Fast, powerful, decentralized, GNU project, a dynamic user community
(you just cannot _read_ all of the arch-users mailing list posting and
still do some actual work), not based on CVS at all (unlike
Subversion), changeset-oriented (like BitKeeper), easily scriptable...

The main drawback actually is that you have to unlearn RCS/CVS to
understand it :-)

--
                                                            -- ddaa