[Texmacs-dev] getting involved into to Scheme

From: Immanuel Normann
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] getting involved into to Scheme
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:55:39 +0200

I'd like to get familiar with Scheme as TeXmacs extension language. I already know Scheme but not how it is used in TeXmacs and there is not to much documentation on it. Also I looked at the source TeXmacs/progs/... But then i decided to ask you where the best starting point is!

My interest is to figure out how much the already implemented features of TeXmacs Scheme are suited to manipulate the document in general. Is there something comparable (planned) like a "Document Object Model" (as e.g. http://www.w3.org/DOM/ but adapted to Math content)?

A very simple case study that might illustrate the point:
Suppose I have several occurences of the function symbol "f" spread in the document. One of these occurences is may be within a definition. Now I want to click on this "f" and that should have the effect that all other occurences get red as backgroundcolor.

Is this doable with Scheme in TeXmacs?
How can I access nodes of the document tree? How do I change their appearence? How can I add or remove event listener to such a node?

Thanks for help,

Immanuel Normann