Re: [Texmacs-dev] Guile Looping...

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Guile Looping...
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:02:38 +0200

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 04:50:16PM +0200, Philippe Audebaud wrote:
> This should be a bug report if I could collect enough information to describe
> the pehnomenom....
>
>    I have never ever been able to run a session when TeXmacs is compiled
>    with guile 1.6.
>

> * Compilation is fine, and TeXmacs basic edition + menus + etc work well...
>
> * Up to the point where I start a session, even with guile or the shell. At
> this stage TeXmacs goes into a big loop with not way to get any interesting
> trace that could be useful in order to locate the problem.
>
> * I suspect the loop to be created within the Guile sub-process itself. Thus,
> putting a trace into TeXmacs sources should be ineffective I guess ? I'd be
> happy to make (yet) another test if there is a suggestion around.

This problem has already be reported a number of times. It appeared
very recently and seems to occurs specifically with guile-1.6.4 (I
reproduced it here). There does not seem to be any problem with
guile-1.4.

Can you please test that bug on older (1.6.3 to 1.6) releases of guile
too? So we can know if the problem is caused by a recent change in
texmacs or a recent change in guile.

--
                                                            -- ddaa