RE: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs For Windows Beta!!!!

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: RE: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs For Windows Beta!!!!
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:32:27 +0200 (CEST)

> Please feel free to play around with it.  I am already working on a few
> other large improvements including a native windows file browser, and
> printing without ghostview.  The file browser in TeXmacs right now is
> very limited as you cannot change drives.  This is because of the fact
> that there are no drives in Linux.  As well, windows can also open files
> using network shares (\\server\sharename).  The native file browser can
> find these as well.  So rather than re-hack the original texmacs file
> chooser widget, I think I'm going to just rip it right out.

Did you take a look at the new way to deal with urls?
I made it so that porting to Windows should not be too hard,
but a bit of work might have to be done. One advantage of
the new system is that you can use urls and traditional
file names using a common interface.

As to the browser itself: you might indeed add buttons for
the different drives on the system at the bottom left.

We also might have to think soon about the question how to
keep the Windows version up to date with the mainline.

Maybe some hacker on this list can already send me a Perl
script to change all .cc and .hh suffixes into .cpp and .hpp.
Next I will progressively include all changes made by Dan
into the mainline.