RE: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs For Windows Beta!!!!

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs For Windows Beta!!!!
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:46:18 -0400

Dan,

I have downloaded and installed the files as described.
MikTex, Ghostscript and Ghostview all work and all are
located in the default locations, i.e. c:\texmf, c:\gs,
c:\Program Files\ghostgum. The texmacs.exe extracted
and the setup apparently ran properly. Again I accepted
the default locations (which was c:\texmf for MikTex).
I let it re-boot my system as requested. But when I
tried to start TeXmacs from Start, I obtain only the
initial startup page, saying something about paths
and some method of finding paths not working, but it
disappears before I get a chance to read it. And
TeXmacs for Windows does not start ... <frown.

Can you give me some suggests what to try next?
How can I capture that initial page that is displayed?
Is there a debug mode that might give me more useful
information? Is there an "ini" file somewhere that
contains setting that I can check?

Note 1: I am using Windows XP, 512 Mb ram.
Note 2: Guile seems to work, well at least it starts
and I can stop it with (quit).

Thanks. And let me say again that I really appreciate
your efforts on making TeXmacs work under windows!

Cheers,
Bill Page.