[Texmacs-dev] Link to my CAS bookmarks

From: Karl M. Hegbloom
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Link to my CAS bookmarks
Date: 11 Jun 2003 09:43:44 -0700

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 07:29, Michael Reimpell wrote:
> > It sounds interesting, but again with that set of tools it will
> > inevitably end up KDE specific.  A worthwhile project, but not IMHO the
> > way for the main Maxima GUI to go.
>
> Computer readable input and output (like MathML/XML) would allow easy GUI
> programming for all Maxima GUIs (take Java to program one, if you prefer).

IIRC, the TeXmacs developers are planning to be (or have at least
discussed) moving to an XML document storage format in the future.

There is an XML DTD for communicating between math software (OpenMath).
In fact, there are several protocols for that worth investigating.  They
are linked to from my bookmarks, below.

I'm writing an academic research paper this term on CAS.  Here's my www
bookmarks, which I maintain using Gnobog... there are undoubtedly
several interesting links to follow here!  It will be changing over the
course of the next several weeks, as I write.  (At some point, I'll let
the world read my (freshman) paper also.)

 http://www.hegbloom.net:3006/~karlheg/URL_Bookmarks.html

Please email me if you cannot access that!  I'm on a campus residence
network, and they filter low ports.  I hope that the higher port will
function.  If 3006 does not, try 10000.

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <address@hidden>