Re: tx fonts [Re: [Texmacs-dev] txexa font]

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: tx fonts [Re: [Texmacs-dev] txexa font]
Date: 13 May 2003 10:35:14 -0600

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 06:37, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> Can you please try to figure out how to produce the t1xr, etc. fonts?

By "etc." do you mean all the tfm files under

/usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/public/tx/ ?

I believe an important step towards loading /any/ tfm-based font is to
write a function that calculates the basename of both the .tfm file and
the .*pk file.  For most fonts,

does work.  However, in the case of txexa and all the other txfonts,
this format does not work.  The files must be of the form

Consequently, something like

string CalcFontBaseName (string family, string size)
  {
  if ("txexa" == family)
    return family ;
  else if ("txsyb" == family)
    return family ;
  else if ("txbttsc" == family)
    return family ;
  else if ("some_other_font_with_no_size_in_the_file_name" == family)
    return family ;
  else
    return family * size ;
  }

would solve these problems.

I have looked at the txfonts, and many do not follow the
<family><size>.tfm convention.

So far, TeXmacs can handle Type I fonts, correct ?  That is, it can
handle any font that has a .tfm file, and a corresponding .pfb file,
because one can call mktexpk on it.

I don't yet know how, if, one can create .pk files from the virtual
fonts in txfonts.