Re: [Texmacs-dev] Multiple column support

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Multiple column support
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:26:54 +0700

Hello,

> Can you please send me a sample TeXmacs file containing figures as you
> describe them.  It would help me further test my conversion code.
Sorry, you misunderstood me. I can't do this in TeXmacs now. This is one
of the reasons I still use LaTeX for my real work.

> Also, by "short fragments of text" I assume you mean fragments other
> than the caption,
Yes. The simplest example: suppose I want to discuss a triangle ABC in a
text on elementary geometry. I produce an .eps file with the triangle,
and want to superimpose the letters A, B, C near its vertices. (I don't
want to use the drawing program to produce these letters, because I want
them to be in *exactly* the same font and size as in the main text).

> i.e., figures of this form:
>
>     +--------+                                           +--------+
>     |        |                                           |        |
>     | (*><*) |                                           | (*><*) |
>     |   ||   |                                           |  _||_  |
>     |        | This is some text relating the 2 graphics |        |
>   Figure 1.  The various facial expressions humans are capable of, ren-
>   dered in a horrible fashion using plain ASCII graphics
This is also a possibility. Sometimes I need to arrange several .eps files
(Feynman diagrams really) as an equation, something like

[diagram1] + [diagram2] = [diagram3]

where [diagram<n>] are .eps files.

Andrey