[Texmacs-dev] Detecting the version of guile

From: david
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Detecting the version of guile
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:35:03 +0200

I have noticed that recent releases of TeXmacs detect the version of
GUILE at compile time (in 'configure' script).

I might be missing something, but I want to point out that GUILE
provides the procedure '(version)' exactly for this purpose. In
addition it is perfectly portable (no trouble with sed) and works at
run-time (good for binary distributions).

Is there some reason why this is not used, or is that just an
oversight?

                                                            -- DDAA