Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compilation of maple_filter on MacOSX

From: Martin Costabel
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compilation of maple_filter on MacOSX
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:15:13 +0100

Christian EVEN wrote:
Hi, This is a message for Martin Costabel about the compilation about the maple filter. The error encountered seems to be caused by #include <string.h>... #include <string> which are specific (but basic) to c++. Are these libraries (with the header files) relative to c++ present on your system? They should be present in a package like gcc-c++...

The header files are there:
/usr/include/string.h and /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.1/g++-v3/string
The string type is typedef'ed in the header file /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.1/g++-v3/bits/stringfwd.h, inside namespace std. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with namespaces, so my first attempts were unsuccessful.

I have now found out that if I insert

using namespace std;

early on in maple_filter.cc, then it compiles.

Anyway this interface with maple works only if the inline command maple maple -l l is also correctly working, which suppose maple to use specific obsolete C libraries (maple for unix/linux is not often updated).

It will not work here, because I don't have a suitable version of maple, and I am not sure if such a version exists yet for Mac OSX. It is promised for the near future, and a command line version seems to be available somehow, but I haven't seen it yet.

--
Martin