[Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs on FreeBSD

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs on FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:12:07 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

> TeXmacs 1.0.1-3 (I have not tried others) does not
> compile on FreeBSD 4.7.

This is strange, because TeXmacs is reputed to compile
on FreeBSD since a long time...

> The FreeBSD project offers a pre-compiled 'port' of
> TeXmacs 1.0.0 in the 4.7 release which I works fine.
>
> So, I'm hoping that I can get it patched up and
> working over the weekend. If I do, I'll send patches
> of course so that you can apply them to the
> development tree.
>
> Do you have any suggestions or preferrences on how
> this should be done? Obviously, I'll #ifdef any of my
> changes and add some logic to the configure script.
> Anything else?

Please send us a patch with the proposed changes.
If it is hard to find bugfixes, then you may try to find
the last version which did work first (using dichotomy :^).
You can find old versions on the ftp site of TeXmacs in 'old-targz'.

Yours, Joris