[Texmacs-dev] [ Patch #1011 ] improving BibTeX support (multiple .bib

From: Leo Razoumov
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] [ Patch #1011 ] improving BibTeX support (multiple .bib files, search path, etc.)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:44:10 -0500

Hi Joris,
I just submitted to savannah.gnu.org a Patch #1011
which improves TeXmacs bibliography processing.
The patch is small and I attached it to this email as well.

This patch is against TeXmacs-1.0.1 and it fixes two current problems
with the bibliography:

Problem 1: TeXmacs does not support multiple *.bib files. On the other hand,
           many BibTeX users prefer to maintain their bibliography
           database split across multiple bib files grouped by subject.

Problem 2: *.bib file and *.tm file must be in the same directory.
           Again, many users prefer to keep the BibTeX database in some
           central place. BibTeX uses BIBINPUTS env.variable to locate
           bib files. The same is true for *.bst style files.

My patch solves both problems.

SCOPE: the patch is small. It affects only one file
       "src/Edit/Process/edit_aux.cc" and only one function
       "edit_process_rep::generate_bibliography"

TESTING: I tested it for about two weeks and so far found no problems.

Regards,
--Leo--