Re: [Texmacs-dev] cygwin home page link -- installation problems

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] cygwin home page link -- installation problems
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:57:05 +0100 (MET)

Hi Marciano,

I am happy to hear again from you, happy to hear that you have again
a PC with Cygwin, and I wish you a happy new year :^)

> I am happy to report that I just built TeXmacs 1.0.1 under Cygwin (duly
> "refreshed" using setup.exe, and using the packaged version of guile-1.6).
> Everything works as advertised: it builds and runs fine. I followed the
> instructions on the TeXmacs Web page.

And happy about this too :^)))

> The only issue I can see is the exceedingly long startup time --- at least
> 10/15 seconds on my brand spanking new P4-2.8Ghz with a fast HD and 512MB (I
> just changed jobs and got a new PC in the bargain...). Once the program
> loads, it runs adequately.

This is strange indeed. It might be interesting to know where
TeXmacs spends all that time exactly. You can discover some of this
by running 'texmacs -d'. Please tell us where TeXmacs spends so much time.

<Joris>