Re: [Texmacs-dev] Removing the new "group" menu item type

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Removing the new "group" menu item type
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:09:27 +0100 (MET)

> I see that the "group" menu item (introduced in patches for 1.0.1)
> which displays a disable centered label was used in many more places
> than I proposed.
>
> I am a bit unhappy with that. This feature was intended as a temporary
> (yet reasonably elegant) workaround to lower the depth of the menu
> hierarchy without breaking the existing translation for the next
> stable version. Specifically it was designed for the menus
> "Insert->Space" and "Insert->Header and footer".

I am to completely satisfied too,
but I feel that we can still change this,
because it does not migrate any items.

However, I am mostly not satisfied for
an esthetic reason: I think that the group
identifier does not *look* nice. Maybe we
should use a slightly smaller italic font and
left alignment, or something like that.