Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Zope objects through TeXmacs.

From: david
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Zope objects through TeXmacs.
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:20:49 +0100

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 11:41:59PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > > I got this to work, except that the ivt.tm paper gives me an error:
> > >
> > >   Fatal error: No active view in 'tm_server_rep::get_meta'
> >
> > Some user already complained about this error before, but I think that
> > was not fixed because we could not reproduce it. Now that you have a
> > way to reproduce the problem maybe you could fix it.
>
> The error is due to the fact that the input document is erroneous.

Could you be more specific on the cause of the error?

Generally, TeXmacs should be more resilient to loading of corrupted
documents and provide more helpful error messages.

> As to CVS and online publishing, I think that it should be easier to
> implement direct support for CVS. Nevertheless, CVS is not really great
> in my opinion.

I do not argue this point. CVS is old and clumsy. But, like many old
and clumsy things it is stable, well supported and well known.

Have you tried some alternative version control systems?

  - Subversion: http://subversion.tigris.org/

  - PRCS: http://prcs.sourceforge.net/

I can already see you implementing your own "better" version control
system... That is not a core feature of TeXmacs, we should stick to
the standard or (if required) use an existing challenger. But we
should definitely not "roll it ourselves".

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org