[Texmacs-dev] Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [maple8] Maple XML and MATH/ML

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [maple8] Maple XML and MATH/ML
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:04:19 +0000

Hi Bill,

I think the "html" file is a t confused!  The file looks as if its
trying to be XHTML but the body of the file is HTML, not XHTML.

The stylesheet you pointed at was written by my colleague David Carlisle
for the MathML Working Group (of which he is a member) to allow a user
(e.g. Waterloo Maple) to publish documents which can be rendered on a
number of platforms with different rendering strategies.  So on Mozilla,
Amaya etc you get native rendering but on IE you'd use the MathPlayer
plugin.  Its only work in progress in the sense that it will be extended
to cope with new versions as they evolve.  However (a) the version WMI
quote is out-of-date (they have to have a local copy otherwise IE thinks
its a security risk), and (b) they aren't using it anyway and are
rendering via their own plugin which I believe to be based on an old
version of WebEQ.  If you're interested in the real version of the
stylesheet have a look at http://www.w3.org/Math/XSL.

Mike.