Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs 10.1.20 from Fink

From: Michèle Garoche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs 10.1.20 from Fink
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:23:55 +0100

Le vendredi, 1 nov 2002, à 12:00 Europe/Paris, Martin Costabel a écrit :

I see. So the file exists (?) at two places,
http://www.gnu.org/software/texmacs-doc/images/start.png
and /Users/martinc/.TeXmacs/doc/images/screenshots/start.png
and texmacs mixes the two.
BTW, when I click on http://www.gnu.org/software/texmacs-doc/images/start.png, my browser says file not found.
If you try http://www.gnu.org/software/texmacs-doc/images/ you'll have a better understanding of what happens: Forbidden. the same with texmacs-doc. So you cannot access to the file.

Another point I don't like too much is that apparently texmacs wrote some files in my home directory not even hidden but set to 0k: CWD, PORT, PWD, RETR, SYST, TYPE. Maybe following the crash or the attempt to update the documentation from the online help.

How does it get the idea to prepend http://www.gnu.org/ to the path?
In the file, there is a such a link:

<expand|big-figure|<apply|screenshot|start.png>|Window which appears when
  starting TeXmacs up.>

The problem is that the URL given as reference is whichever you give as CDPATH in your home directory + the URL where the file tut-startup.en.tm + the URL to the image.

So it resolves as what you see.

On my computer, I let Fink do the job. That means I have not define by myself a path for texmacs. So it resolves as what I told you.

Anyway, the result is the same. No file to display.

No idea. I would have thought you know exactly how texmacs behaves, as
the maintainer of texmacs on Fink.

Hah. Nice joke. I am already happy when I know how to make it compile and to run without crashing immediately :-)
Oh, that was not bad words, far from me and well when I write in English, it's a pity I never find the right words, lack of practise, very very sorry :-). I'm just so new to this stuff and so unskilled, it's as an evidence for me that the others know what I don't know.

Michèle