Re: [Texmacs-dev] Segmentation fault with gcc 3.2

From: Igor V. Kovalenko
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Segmentation fault with gcc 3.2
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 02:21:03 +0300

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
Anybody knows about a good way to debug memory corruptions?

To the limit valgrind may help, though it gives many positives in libguile
garbage collector...

And besides the "positive" inside TeXmacs which was already
reported before, are there any other ones?

By "positive" I refer to a valgrind's suspictious memory access.
The one in TeXmacs that was reported before is now eliminated (thanks!).

There are about 60 contexts reported ending up in libguile (file gc.c)
If you want the log, I'll try to collect it. Don't know if it'll help.

BTW the one I reported before should be reproducible at any site, would you
mind to try it yourself? Valgrind tool is at http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/

--
Regards,
Igor V. Kovalenko    mailto: iko at crec dot mipt dot ru