Re: [Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:14:35 +0200

On (15/10/02 11:33), Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault
> Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:33:21 +0200 (MET DST)
>

> > The problem when Joris allocation stuff is in is still there.
> > I wish we had a C++ guru on board.
>
> This can not be the problem. I recall you that TeXmacs works for
> five years without problems from this point of view. If the allocation
> code were bugged, then we would have known this since a long time.

I don't know what is the problem and don't pretend to know it.  So my
wish.  I just know for a fact that TeXmacs with Qt crashes immediately
when linked to Qt so I am very sensible to this issue.  So I share my
experience and ask people to share.  As we have seen, this fix does
not work for everyone.  I just propose undefining as a temporary fix
not as a way to lay blame on some code.

--
  stef